Tips and Instructions
Care of your flute
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes. For example:
- Don't step out from a warm cabin into a cold snowy night
to play for the first snow, it may crack your flute.
- Keep your whistle block from sticking with a gentle twist, and
untie it after playing to dry out the compression chamber. This helps
to avoid mildew inside the body.
- When traveling, if you don't have a flute case you can pack your
flutes in a suitcase with lots of soft padding. Some people have used
rifle or gun cases to protect their flutes.
- The keys determine the length of the flute, with the higher keys
being shorter and the lower ones being longer.
- These Native American Style flutes made by Rich Heller are carefully
tuned using an electronic tuner, so you can be sure that they are
- The sound or tone of the flute can be altered by adjusting the Whistle
Block, giving a more breathy or more clear tone. Each person has
their own favorite tone and quality of sound, so moving the whistle
block slightly is suggested until you get the tonal quality you prefer.
Here is a chart to help you decide what key you want.
Wholesale inquiries welcome.
|A - G#
||G - F#
||F - E- D#
Feel free to call me Toll Free at:
if you have questions or would like to hear the flutes played.
|Please contact me for custom
work or if you have any questions.
If you give me your phone number, I will gladly give you a call.
Or e-mail me.
Beech Creek Studio
HC 33, Box 57
Pettigrew, Arkansas (AR) 72752
(866) 251-7853 Toll Free